Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
This reservation confirmation is subject to the following terms and conditions. The customer acknowledges having read and understood these Terms and agrees to be bound by them.
General Terms & Conditions
- Car Category: Specific make or model preferences are subject to availability at the time of rental, so only a car category can be confirmed.
- Rental Length: Minimum rental length is 24 hours. Rental days are based on 24-hour periods commencing at the time of pick up. Additional day charges will apply if the Rentakar.ae vehicle is kept longer than specified (additional days begin after 1 hour grace period and will be billed at the available public rate)
- Fuel: All our vehicles are delivered with a full tank of fuel. Refueling and service charges at 20% of fuel cost are applied in case cars are returned without a full tank.
- Mileage: Unlimited Mileage is on Daily & Weekly rental. Customers who have a Monthly Rental Agreement (MRA) and Long Term Agreement with RENTAKAR.AE can drive 5000 kms per month (depending on the vehicle)
- Additional Mileage: Any accrued mileage beyond the limit agreed would be charged at 50 Fils to 1 AED (Depending on the vehicle).
- Age: Renters must be 21 years old for the rental of cars falling under group A to group E. And from car group F to Car group LC, renter must have completed at least 25 years of age.
Mandatory Documents Required:
- Valid Passport copy (with visa page) or Emirates ID and Driving License.
- Valid Credit Card: A valid credit card must be presented to the Rentakar.ae rental counter at time of pickup to cover any additional anticipated charges that are not covered by the prepayment amount.
- Credit card is required as a guarantee against payment for the traffic fines/ salik/ any other traffic violation/ damage to the vehicle and all extras other than the rental amount.
- Customer can also use a credit card of a friend or family as a guarantee, however that person needs to accompany the customer at the time of rental.
- An authorization will be obtained at the time of rental. Cash deposits are not accepted.
- Valid Driver’s License
- “We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED. “All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties”.
- Payment can be made by cash for extras (GPS/Baby Seat/Additional Driver) at the Branch.
Driving License: International Customers are allowed to drive with their international driving license. International driver license or International Drivers Permit must be accompanied by the original domestic license of the driver.
- FOR UAE RESIDENTS: Only UAE license is allowed which must be minimum 1 year old from the date of issue. If not, the residents can provide their home country license as a supporting document to rent a car (subject for approval of insurance company).
- FOR TOURISTS/ VISITORS: Citizens of the below countries are allowed to drive with licenses issued from their home countries during their visit to the UAE:
Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Poland, Finland, Spain, Holland, Greece, Sweden, Romania, Belgium, Ireland, Turkey, Denmark, Austria, France, UK, Norway, US, Canada, Australia, Singapore, South Korea, New Zealand, Hong Kong and South Africa. Nationals from Greece, Turkey, Canada, Japan and South Korea need to obtain the legal translation of driving licenses from their home countries attested from their embassies or consulates in order to be able to drive in the UAE with such permits after their arrival in the country on a visit visa.
Inter Emirates Cost (Pickup-Return): Inter-emirate fees are charged (per trip) if the Emirate where the vehicle is to be picked up is different to the Emirate where it will be returned to. Please call your respective branch to check the specific rates depending on the Emirates you booked.
- Rates range from AED 50 – 200 per trip and will be charged depending on which Emirates are booked.
- This rate is excluded from the website total cost and will be paid at the branch upon pickup or return of car.
- Below are the Emirates where we have branches:
· Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Ruwais
· Dubai & Northern Emirates: Dubai, Sharjah, Fujairah & Ras Al Khaimah
INSURANCE Note: A valid police report is mandatory. Please check with the agent at the rental branch for more information.
- CDW (COLLISSION DAMAGE WAIVER)
Renters can purchase a Collision Damage Waiver for an additional coverage and fee on top of the car rental amount with the exception of Luxury vehicle group. With the purchase of CDW, your Damage Liability Fee is reduced to the amount AED500 – AED1000 depending on the vehicle group:
AED 25 + VAT per day – For compact (4-5 door, automatic) vehicle groups.
AED 30 + VAT per day – For economy SUV and standard (4-5 door) vehicle groups.
For economy (4-5 door, automatic) vehicle groups, the charge varies from AED 25 + VAT per day to AED 40 + VAT per day.
AED 50 + VAT per day – For intermediate (4-5 door), intermediate SUV and premium Wagon groups.
- SUPER CDW
Additional purchase of Super CDW, with the exception of Luxury vehicle group, reduces the customer’s liability to ZERO. Renters will not be paying anything to FRC for damage or repairs. NOTE: A valid police report is mandatory. The insurance will not be valid if the police report is not provided.
AED 40 + VAT per day – For compact (4-5 door, automatic) vehicle groups.
AED 50 + VAT per day – For economy SUV and standard (4-5 door) vehicle groups.
For economy (4-5 door, automatic) vehicle groups, the charge varies from AED 40 + VAT per day to AED 70 + VAT per day.
AED 100 + VAT per day – For intermediate (4-5 door), intermediate SUV and premium Wagon groups.
Above CDW/ SCDW options are NOT available for vehicle groups Toyota Landcruiser and BMW (316i, 520i, 730i).
The above given options may not cover Glass, Tyres, under-body of the car and other accessories.
If CDW/ SCDW are NOT purchased, customer will be responsible for the settlement or payment of the insurance excess or deductible amount which is listed on the Vehicle Hire Agreement, in the event of any damage or loss [including fire and theft] caused to the vehicle, provided it is used, operated or driven in conformity with the vehicle agreement. NOTE: A valid police report is mandatory.
The following excess amounts are applicable if CDW/ SCDW are not availed:
The maximum excess amount range from AED 2000 + VAT up to AED 5000 + VAT depending on the vehicle group.
Note: A valid police report is mandatory. Please check with the agent at the rental branch for more information.
- Theft Waiver (THW)
- Third Party Liability Insurance (TPL) It is included in your rental amount. Insurance coverage for the vehicle rented includes Third Party Liability with an unlimited cover in case of death or bodily injury.
It is included in your rental amount. Theft Waiver – reduces the client’s financial responsibility for loss or theft to the vehicle to the sum of the deductible.
Note: A valid police report is mandatory for all insurance options. Otherwise, the excess will be charged “per incident”.
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) Additional Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) for driver and passengers in respect of death or bodily injury whilst in leased (rented) vehicle is covered up to AED200, 000/-per person as per the maximum seating capacity and this will apply only if this is purchased by Renter at inception of lease.
PARKING, PICK UP & DELIVERY
- Airport Parking: In case of collecting/ dropping off the car from Dubai International Airport, customer has to pay parking charges of AED 50. This is not included in the rental rates.
- Delivery & Collection: We can collect and deliver cars free of charge within city limits during normal office hours in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah & Fujairah subject to availability of drivers. A minimum charge will be applicable within the city limits (one way).
Outside the city, delivery and collection charges will be charged according to location of pick up and drop off (ask the branch agent for the specific within or inter emiratefee).
- Collection from Airport locations: Should you fail to pick up the vehicle within 3 hours of the flight arrival time, the reservation stands cancelled and customer has to take the car as per the prevailing counter rate.
- VMS: Vehicle Monitoring Fee of AED 4 per day will be applicable under Roads and Transport Authority law. This is applicable in the Emirate of Dubai.
PAYMENTS, EDITS, CANCELLATIONS & OTHER RELATED MATTERS
- Modifications: All modifications/ edits can be done only 48 Hours before the commencement of the reservation/ car pick up. The customer may amend the reservation free of charge only TWICE online through the website. Amendment to the reservation may affect the rental rates. Modifications on the reservation may be re-calculated based on the current prices which may be more or less than the price originally booked. Changes in the details of the renter require the customer to cancel the booking and make a fresh reservation.
- Cancellations: Cancellations less than 24 Hours before the pickup date and time will be charged one day rental.
- Prepaid Reservations (Pay Online) If you fail to collect the vehicle on the Pick-up Date & time, we reserve the right to make a No Show/ Lost Rental Charge to recover our administration costs and compensate us for our inability to rent the vehicle when it was reserved for your use. We will refund your prepayment, less the No Show Charge.
- Non Prepaid Reservations (Pay at Location) Your vehicle will be reserved and made available to you. Should you fail to pick up the vehicle within 2 hour from the pick-up time and date, or in the case of airport rentals, within 3 hours of the flight arrival time if a flight number has been provided to RENTAKAR.AE, the reservation stands cancelled and customer has to take the car as per the prevailing counter rate.
- Refund: No refunds shall be given for unused days for rentals ended early (i.e. the customer returns the vehicle before the end of the agreed rental period) or late collections, if the customer fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date or cancellations made after the due rental start date. Refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment.
Please note: Refunds on your purchases are done automatically and seamlessly following termination of the rental agreement. However, depending upon individual’s bank requirement, the amount may take up to a month to reflect in your card statement.
- “Refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment”.
- No Show: If the customer fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and has failed to notify Rentakar.ae in due time, one-day rental will be charged to the customer.
- No smoking policy: RENTAKAR.AE is committed to providing a safe, clean fleet to our customers. In order to better deliver on this commitment, all RENTAKAR.AE vehicles are non-smoking. Cleaning fees of AED 300 + VAT will be charged for vehicles returned with evidence of smoking.
- Cross Border Policy: The Hirer is not permitted to cross any border without the prior consent of FRAC. Notification must be provided to FRAC at the commencement of rental or a minimum of 2 working days prior to country exit. Cross border travel is allowed only into Oman upon written approval from the rental company and a charge of AED 400 + VAT per week will apply.
- Accessories: (GPS & Baby Seats) Renters can additionally purchase the GPS devices at a minimum charge of AED 40 per day + VAT and Baby Seats can be purchased at AED 20 per day + VAT. These have to be returned in the same working condition as at the time of renting else a maintenance cost will be recovered from the customer. Confirmation of Special Equipment depends upon the availability at the rental desk.
- Credit Card charges: Multiple bookings/ transactions may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.
- All FINES and court costs for parking, traffic or other legal violations assessed against the vehicle’s Renter, other driver or Lessor until the vehicle is returned except, where caused through fault of Lessor, along with service charges at AED50/-fine + VAT.
- All SALIK Charges of AED 4 will have a service charge of AED 1 + VAT. This will be charged each time the vehicle passes through a Salik gate in Dubai.
- Pre Authorization/ Security DEPOSIT: In addition to advance rent, a pre-authorized security deposit is required. An authorization of 2000-2500 will be obtained at the time of rental. This is used against Traffic Fines/Salik Charges. The blocked/pre-authorized amount will be released after 30 days from the date of closing the contract.
24/7 roadside assistance is available for all rentals. Relevant contact details and roadside assistance procedures will be given prior to the commencement of the hire
NATURE OF THE AGREEMENT
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, in particular, nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of Rentakar.ae.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that Rentakar.ae, its officers, directors, owners, employees shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses.
All rentals are subject, but not limited to, standard terms and conditions of the Rentakar.ae Rental Agreement in effect at the time and place of rental: Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE. United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile.
Minors under the age of 18 shall are prohibited to register as a User of this website and are not allowed to transact or use the website.
If you make a payment for our products or services on our website, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.
The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules. All debit/ credit cards detail and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
The website www.rentakar.aeuae.com will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of UAE.
Discounts and Offers: Prepaid rates are strictly non-discountable and cannot be combined with any other promotional offer.
Tax: From 1st January 2018, 5% VAT had come into effect. For Rentakar.ae, the supply of some additional services (baby seat, GPS etc.) made in return for an explicit charge shall be taxable. This would be in addition to the stated prices.
All rentals are subject to standard terms and conditions of the Rentakar.ae Rental Agreement in effect at the time and place of rental.
ALL TERMS, CONDITIONS AND PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.